Just a few thoughts on a few differences I’ve noticed between goals (GS) and wishful thinking (WT).
- GS: INTEND to achieve
- WT: HOPE to achieve
- GS: Belief that you CAN
- WT: NO belief that you CAN
- GS: Uncertainty re HOW => Possibility
- WT: Uncertainty re HOW => Impossibility
- GS: Emotional ATTACHMENT
- WT: Emotional DETACHMENT
- GS: INVESTMENT of daily effort
- WT: SQUANDERING of daily effort
- GS: RISK = MISSED accomplishment => DISAPPOINTMENT
- WT: RISK = NO accomplishment => FAILURE
Hope this can offer some clarity if the lines between the two have been a bit blurry.